Monday, March 11, 2013

Family

Thinking about space and the endless quilities that surround it can truly rack your brain, until you realize that there is no point in knowing anything about space because it can never be fully understood. So you go on living your miserable and pointless lives to one day end up old geezer and having accomplished nothing in your life. But what if we ask ourselves this question, but pertaining to our life and future? I think this could really help us put our lives into perspective and to create almost a guide map to our future self. This would make it much easier for us to focus on our goal of what we want and what kind of life we wish to live. So what is the problem with this and why dont we do it? The most comman reason is that we dont know what we truly want. Our goals and priorities change with age and experiance, therefore rendering our map for the future useless. I have been asked multiple times what I want to do in the future or as a career. For most of my teen years I dreamt of being a fighter pilot and then going commercial and flying for a big company, slowly working my way up the seniority chain and by the end of my life making a great living for myself. The only flaw with this is that I will start making a good living for myself near the end of my career. Yes flying is an absolute passion of mine that continues to interest and exite me. But the only thing that has made humans progress and actually want to move forward on their own...money. Money holds you hostage from doing the things that make life happy and exiting. Yet this is the drive of everyone on this planet, even if it conflicts with something they hate doing, it is worth it to be wealthy and have a relaxed lifestyle. I do believe that wealth is one of the great accomplishments in this life, but it can also be a huge burden. This depends on the kind of person you are, the morals you believe, and the standards you have. I would think that if I had a lot of money it would be much easier to focus on the family, friend, and fun aspect of life instead of thinking about bills and pricetags. In the end I think that we really should focus on doing the things we like and can progress in, instead of just the jobs that will make you easy money. Focus on the real meaning of life.... family.

No comments:

Post a Comment