Monday, March 18, 2013

Live Life to the Fullest

Tonight was one different than all the others. I have tried....Scratch that. I havent tried at all to create a better realationship with my younger brother Andrew, despite the fact that I have always wanted a big brother. It started off as a normal day.... The usual boring school where the only 2 classes I pay attention in are Welding and Creative Writing. Then I went to work, which to most High School kids is just another realm of hell, yet to me it is somewhere I love to be. It makes my day brighter because I get to do what I love. I get to work on cars and fix things with my hands. I also get to talk and meet a lot of new people, as well as party with some of the greatest employers and managers someone could ask for. They are the funniest and kindest group of people you will meet. So getting back to my brother, I went home from work and my pocket vibrated when I was walking in my door. Exited that someone might actually want to do something with me so I dont have to sit on my butt the whole night, I eagerly whipped out my phone and saw it was from my mom...:/ ya thats the only person that ever texts me. She said she was going to be gone all night and that I would be watching my little brother all night while she takes my sister to her basketball banquet. I was really dissapointed because now I had a responsibility and couldnt just lay down and listen to music where I would eventually fall asleep. She told me to make it as fun as possible and I actually thought of how much that would meant to me if I had an older brother that would actually want to spend time with me and be my friend, even if it was for one night so I could get a taste of how much fun it would be to be him. So I decided to do it. We really didnt do to much, I mean we played some Call of Duty and watched some Family Guy on Netflix as we sat on my bed like a couple of lounge lizards eating ice cream and frozen Costco burritos. Now this may not seem like some crazy night to most of you, and believe me it wasnt. But I was able to spend some quality time with him and bond through the crude humor of Family Guy and the incredible amounts of blood and gore in Black Ops 2. I found out how much he loved it as I was walking into my room and he was FaceTiming my dad who is gone almost all the time. He was talking about me like I was some kind of Super Hero that had just saved him from imminent death, when all I had truly done was have him take part in one lazy afternoon as a Senior in High School. I think we take for granted what we have and are able to do and especially the influences we have on kids younger than us, including our siblings. They look up to us like Gods and Godesses or however you spell that. We need to take them under our wing and love them while we can because life goes by fast, and if we dont slow down and take advantage of everthing we can, we might miss those opportunties to enrich other peoples lives, as well as your own.

LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST
 


No comments:

Post a Comment