Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Three Musketeers

I love having the option to write about someone else because I get to talk about someone that means a lot to me and usualy while im thinking about why I love them so much, I realize why they truly are important to me. Well my 2 best friends are about the only thing in this world that keeps me sayne and give me a reason to get up everyday. Ever since 9th grade we have been the Three Musketeers and we would do everything together. Since we were to young to drive anywhere we would always ride our bikes or find some other way to get out of our house and do something acutally fun. The fun thing about my friends is that we didnt even have to do anything to have fun. All we had to do was be together and that was enough. We were like this all the way up until the end of last year, when one of my friends started having problems with his family that would make him extremely depressed and left him wanting to do nothing. He would only talk to us a little and just tell us that he was fighting with his parents... Little did we know it was a lot bigger than that. It started getting so bad that he had convinced himself that there was no point in living anymore and attempted suicide 3 times without anyone knowing, except things went wrong the 3rd time. He hung a belt on the top of his door and tried to hang himself. As he was hanging there and gasping for his last breaths while his limbs went numb he knew he couldnt go through with it. He used all of the strength he had left to punch a hole in his wall and pry himself up to release the pressure off his neck. Yet he still couldnt get himself down because the belt was locked and on the otherside of the door. As he started to panic he screamed for someone to help him and his mom came rushing down the stairs and got him down. Immediatly he was taken to a depression/rehab center to deal with these problems. He also attended this place for school as well and was able to graduate early. Well we knew none of this had even happened, and our best guess was that he dropped off the face of the planet. He came back to his house just a few months ago as a completly changed person with a very bright look for the future and is going to be serving an LDS mission in a couple months. He has been able to influence and talk to me about all of my problems and help me through them. He is a great example to me and now we are all able to hang out again and continue on just like old times. I am so greatful for him in my life and I love him to death. This has truly opened my eyes to how real suicide is and how much we need to look for people that need a friend or just someone to talk to. We could be that one person that could change their mind for the better and be there for them when no one else is. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. Very scary. Yet very real.

    Good friends are so important in high school.

    ReplyDelete